Rylan completed this North American themed math worksheet which I made for him. It can be downloaded here if you would like to use.
We made and ate Mexican food. We were out running errands all day Thursday and had to stop at McDonalds for lunch, I suppose that could count as American food, right (or just bad food!)? :P
We listened to various Putamayo CDs, the selection can be seen at the end of the post.
Rylan put together a North America poster based on our learning, which included a map, people of North America, animals of North America, and a fact sheet. We also added the USA flag that Rylan had colored during the week.
We read the story from North America (the American Southwest) entitled “She Who Is Alone” from the book The Barefoot Book of Earth Tales. We also read a few stories from Around the World in 80 Tales, which I have to admit I edited somewhat, since some of the stories in that book are a bit (or a lot) mean spirited.
Kami,
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing! Thanks for sharing the printables!
The dream catchers are wonderful! I love that you explain to the children the origin of them!
Kerri
Kerri, we have never met in person, but your comments always make me smile! :) Thank you for being so supportive and warm!
ReplyDelete