Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Shape (or color) sorting game

The boys and I are enjoying a quieter pace right now, as most of their weekly activities have come to an end for the summer. We are getting to spend more time relaxing, reading, and doing crafts. Last week we made a little shape/color sorting set.

I bought this set of small cardboard boxes at our local craft store. Then I asked the kids to paint the boxes and their lids in one solid color (with the idea that after using it as a shape sorter for Damian, we could also use it as a color sorting game for him).
This was the finished product (two coats of paint on the boxes).
Then I filled them with pre-cut foam shapes which I also bought from the craft store. When I set the boxes up for him to use this week, I will empty all the contents and ask him to sort through them, putting them in their matching shaped container.

This has been added to: Kiddos Create , Show and Tell, and Preschool Corner

4 comments:

  1. This is very cool! I wish my kids didn't know their shapes so we could try this. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Spesamor Academy. Robbie would have loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Kami! I've purchased those craft boxes and have some of those foam shapes on hand but I never thought to combine the two! Thanks for linking up, you're featured in Tuesday's Show & Tell post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails