Thursday, January 13, 2011

Still here, believe it or not!

Yes, I am still here…never meant to be gone for SO long, but this move has been a tough one. I have spent my life moving all over the world, and yet this move really threw me for a loop. It wasn’t the weather (although various people from a DMV clerk to a Target associate have actually shrieked at me and called me ‘insane” for moving from Hawaii to the Midwest, and “in winter, of all times”!). We were just displaced for a long time, and had lots of things go wrong. I will not bore you with the details, but the good thing is that, after three months of being in limbo, we have settled in a nice home, in a nice neighborhood, and just spent three weeks with visiting family over the holidays. So, thankfully, life is on the right track again!

I am still unpacking boxes and hanging pictures, but the important areas are finished– including a dedicated school room upstairs (hooray!) and a dedicated play room right off the kitchen and living area, which has already seen many, many hours of play.

As to school, let’s just say, we have been un-schooling it for the past three months, for the most part. Rylan reads anything I put in front of him, so he has been feeding his mind non-stop, but the more formal learning activities have been far and few between…until this week! We are finally getting back into our school routine, with great excitement! And this time around I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old (when last I posted I was teaching a 5 and 2 year old!), which means I now have a proud, little preschooler in my midst! :)

So, I am back and it feels good, and I am looking forward to this new year. Hope you have all had a blessed start to 2011!

IMG_6627

{our world now}

4 comments:

  1. We are SO HAPPY to have you and your wonderful family nearby! Hooray for being insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, so sweet! You have no idea how grateful I am to have you and your wonderful family nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeahhhhhhhhh, you are back!!!
    Can't wait to read your new posts ;)
    My mind has started to think about Ayyam-i-Ha already ...
    much love from Mauritius

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great you've settled in! Winter looks gorgeous. Sunny, snowy -- all your adventures are beautiful. Looking forward to your continuous inspiration...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails