Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fun learning books: The Cat in the Hat Learning Library

I am not saying these books should replace the more scientific and serious books you will use as resources for learning with your children, but these are certainly a fun thing to add to your reading selection on a variety of subjects. We have used many of them, they are factual, and filled with the usual Dr. Seuss styled rhyming fun (though, they are not written by Dr. Seuss himself). And why not add a little humor to learning?51Q2KyGmKHL__BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_I often stick them into our reading selection on a particular subject, usually as a lead in to the topic because they are a lighthearted way to start, and Damian finds them appealing and easy to follow as well. I have purchased a couple packets of these books from Costco (they usually come in bundles of three for about $10.99, if my memory serves me correctly), but they are also available from Amazon, and probably your local library. 51O-d dhomL__BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_They cover a large selection of subjects: various animal families, weather, maps, the human body, money, the solar system, plant life, etc so they are easy to work into many topics of learning. 51YTL-4ODtL__BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_

I purchased these books myself and am sharing them with you because we enjoy using them. Amazon links are affiliate.

2 comments:

  1. I recently picked up a few of the board books for our toddler they are quite a good introduction to things like the weather and senses etc. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - these books look like SO much fun! My kids would have LOVED them when they were younger. I was never able to part with our well-read Dr. Seuss collection. These books weren’t around when my kids were young – but I’ll remember them for when I have grandkids!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails