Friday, August 6, 2010

An old favorite: sand painting

My Mom used to do this craft with me as a child and I loved it. I have no idea why I have never tried it with my boys, especially since we live with an abundant supply of beautiful sand around us! IMG_5093 [800x600]Yesterday we went to a children’s show at the mall, and before the show they had crafts out for the kids to do, and my boys did these sand paintings. First you do a drawing with craft glue, then you pour the sand over the glue, and then shake the excess sand off to reveal your sand picture (good idea to do this part into a pan or bucket to contain the sand and re-use). Do one color at a time. It’s just like using glitter. They only had about 5 minutes to make these, but I think we will be doing this at home again so they can really explore this craft.IMG_5092 [800x600]Simple and fun. Happy weekend to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails