Monday, May 31, 2010

Getting started on Spanish: color matching game (printable)

We are just getting started on learning Spanish. When it comes to learning a second language, I think the key is start as young as possible. Starting now is great for Damian, but I wish I had gotten to it sooner for Rylan! When the boys get a little older, I think we will use Rosetta Stone , but for now we are starting with a basic introduction into the language. I am looking into various curriculum possibilities suited for a young age group (if any of you have recommendations, would love to hear them!), since I do not speak Spanish myself, I definitely need help from a curriculum. In the meantime we bought the DVD Spanish for Children, which provides a basic introduction, teaching greetings, colors, numbers, and animals. I actually really like it, and both boys are picking up words quickly from it. My only gripe about the DVD is that for the price ($13.99) I think there should be more to it. It is REALLY short.
To add a bit more fun to the color learning, I made this Spanish color matching game over the weekend for the boys to play with. I used a dinosaur theme, since they both love the dinos! :) If you would like to download the game, just click here.


This has been added to: Preschool Corner & 5K too

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I've been reading for a few weeks and I really enjoy your blog! My family and I live on Oahu though we are on the mainland for an extended visit. I am not sure if you are on Oahu or if you enjoy organized classes, but tomorrow I am registering my 14-month old daughter for Saturday Spanish classes in the Fall Session at Little Ambassadors in Honolulu. www.littleambassadors.com. Perhaps this might be a good supplement for your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deanna,
    Thanks so much for letting me know about that! Unfortunately we don't live on Oahu, otherwise I would definitely have looked into that possibility. I would love to go to classes with the boys, because it would make learning a language that we are all unfamiliar with much easier...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dinosaur printables. :)Thanks for linking them up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!! I am starting Ryleigh with Spanish in the fall (she will be just about 3 1/2). I will be sure to bookmark this for later use:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails