Friday, May 28, 2010

Field trip: Hawaiian taro farm

Today the boys and I spent a few hours on a Hawaiian taro farm, learning more about the Hawaiian culture and about the farming of the traditional taro crop.


{Me and my walking buddies}

{Heading out with the group}


{Organic lettuce grown for the families of those who work on the farm}
{The pigs}

{Taro fields}

{Looking for snails in the taro fields...oh yes...}

{Our favourite part of the day was what we did after the farm...the beach!}

After spending the last month almost always out of the house in swimming lessons, piano lessons, music classes, gymnastics, play dates with friends, and a whole lot of fun field trips...I have to say I am looking forward to a quiet week ahead, while (almost) everything shuts down for a summer break! The boys and I will be home a little more, relaxing and hopefully working through some of the activities I have lined up for them, and will be sharing with you too.



Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails