Friday, February 19, 2010

100 uses for a 100 chart

I discovered this 100 chart a while back, which I mentioned here. Since then I have found so many ways to use it for learning. I printed one of the charts out and laminated it, so it would last through a lot of use. We have used checkers pieces to cover numbers that are called out, stickers to cover the numbers, played 100-chart bingo (kind of), we have used washable markers to colour in the number boxes (with the laminate covering it is easy to wash off and re-use), find the missing number, fill in the missing number, throw a paper clip to see what number it lands on (if it is not too big of a number you can make them jump/hop/etc that number of times), and the list can go on. I am planning some addition games with it too, in the near future. I am sure there are many more ways to use it that we haven't thought of, but I wanted to share this because it is a very simple tool that has so many learning possibilities (and best of all the learning can be completely disguised as fun and games! ;) ).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails