Thursday, January 14, 2010

Where my thoughts are

I haven’t been posting regularly because we are so busy right now, my sister-in-laws leave tomorrow, and we are trying to make the most of those last precious moments. It is so hard being far from family…but I also feel like writing about my life right now seems somewhat trivial in the face of all the suffering of the people in Haiti. I turned on the news last night and saw images of children injured and suffering, and alone…and my heart just aches. Seeing children suffer has always upset me, but since becoming a mother it has become almost unbearable for me. My thoughts and prayers are with those trying to recover from the earthquake, and those facing the loss of their loved ones:

O Thou the Merciful One! O my Lord! Make Thy protection my armory, Thy preservation my shield, humbleness before the door of Thy Oneness my guard, and Thy custody and defense my fortress and my abode…guard me from every sickness, trial, difficulty and ordeal.

Verily, Thou art the Protector, the Guardian, the Preserver, the Sufficer, and verily, Thou art the Merciful of the Most Merciful!

-‘Abdu'l-Bahá

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kami, I really appreciate your work and wish we were living closed by so we could bennefit from your habilities...oh well, but I do take a lot of tips from your site and enjoy a lot. I have recently read a book, that I think you might like as well, is called The Five Love Languages of Children, by Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell. Try to find more about it, and let me know if you liked it. Lots of love, Mojde

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Mojde! I am glad you are enjoying the blog and also wish that you lived nearby...like old times plus 5 little people! :) It would be lots of fun! Thanks for the book recommendation, I will look into it. Love to you all too,
    Kami

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails