Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Preparation for celebration

I know many of you have just finished a long season of celebrating and holidays, but we are just about to get started! As Bahá’ís we don’t celebrate Christmas, but we do celebrate Ayyám-i-há. This is the Bahá’í period of celebration with family and friends, a focus on charity and service projects, and gift giving. It is held on the last four days of February (five on leap years). So, it is coming up soon and we are getting started on our preparations for the occasion. Now that Rylan is old enough to really appreciate and remember family traditions surrounding this holiday, we are putting effort into figuring out what those traditions will be for our family and I am really excited about some of the plans we have for this year. I hope I can get everything done in time! As we finish our preparations I will be sharing them with you. No matter your faith the things we will be doing can be adapted to fit other celebrations of all kinds!

I also wanted to take a moment to thank you all for the positive feedback on my animal softies and shared project posts. I feel quite honored and touched to have had those projects featured on so many sites and other blogs! It is exciting to see that our little family projects can inspire others in that way! Tomorrow we are going back to “school”, after a long break, and it is my hope that our projects and ideas will continue to make a connection with you, in the same way that I am so inspired by all the amazingly creative moms out there in the blogosphere!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to find out about what you are preparing!!! I am still thinking of things too... :-) Only about a month to go, it's gonna fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I sat down with my daily planner today to make sure I don't leave things too late...tomorrow we are making a trip to the fabric and craft stores!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails