Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Getting back into "school"

Let me just start by saying that I am EXHAUSTED (not a good start to a post, I know!). To cut a very long story short, I think our very expensive cure all back issues brand new Sealy mattress is a dud because I am waking up every morning aching from head to toe, and not getting much sleep. So, it is only due to some kind of miracle...well...that a very strong cup of coffee this morning that I made it through this day without falling asleep on anyone! :) But despite that it was a good first day of getting back into the swing of things.

I think food prep and cooking/baking are an excellent lesson in beginner maths, not to mention good life skills learning. So, my boys often work in the kitchen with me. This morning, while Rylan was busy working on a dinosaur colour booking, Damian and I made some yummy fresh strawberry ice-cream.

After that both boys hopped into the Learning Tower together and we made pizza for lunch. Here Rylan is mixing and Damian is pouring in the next ingredient. We make a yeast-free, (mostly) whole wheat crust for our pizza.
Kneading and rolling the dough together.

Having so much fun together!
After a tasty lunch had been shared and Damian was fast asleep, Rylan and I did a little more learning together. Right now I am having Rylan re-read all the kindergarten level readers as a general review before we start on his Grade 1 materials.
School cuddled on Mama's lap! It just doesn't get better than this!

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say hello... I saw your name in the comments at Chasing Cheerios and I don't know that I know any other Kamis! Love from Kami in Austin, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I opened this comment to read it, I did a double take when I saw the name! :) Thanks for stopping in to say hi! Now I am going to stop by your blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kami, Would you mind sharing your yeast-free pizza dough recipe? Love to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurel, unfortunately, in our last move I lost my original yeast free recipe for pizza crust, which I loved! We have only made it a couple of times since moving here, and then I just did a goggle search and tried what I found. This time I tried this one: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1926,142176-238207,00.html but I replaced most of the flour with whole wheat, used much less baking powder, and olive oil instead of vegetable oil. It was still not as good as my old recipe, though...if I ever unearth it, I will share it!

    Hope you are all doing well! Would love to squeeze that little cutie of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails