- We started the week reading our Baha’i Alphabet Book in which the letter C was for courtesy, so we spent our virtue time for the week learning about courtesy. For ideas on teaching courtesy, see this post.
- We made the letter C using our new Haba peg board which Grandma gave to Damian recently (both boys love this peg board).
- We went through the C items in our alphabet box. We practiced the phonetic sound of the letter C using the song from Leap Frog’s Letter Factory DVD.
- We completed many of the “C is for caterpillar” activities from the Letter of Week curriculum by Confession of a Homeschooler.
- I printed 2 copies of the Do-A-Dot sheet from the “C is for Caterpillar” post and made up this activity to add some pincer grip exercise: I put a glue dot into each of the dots on the sheet, provided Damian with chopsticks and container of pompoms, then asked him to tweeze the pompoms and stick them onto each glue dot.
- We practiced writing Cs in rice. Damian loves this activity, so when he is finished I just leave him with the tray of rice and he draws and plays for while.
- Damian sorted these little pompoms by color.
- He watched the scholastic DVD version of “Chicka Chicka Boom Boom”.
- We did the “C for caterpillar” exercise from Yoga for Kids, Vol. 2: ABCs.
- We wrote Cs on magic scratch paper. I bought our pack of scratch paper from a local store, but I found this on amazon too.
- I gave Damian this matching upper and lower case letters sheet from Confessions of a Homeschooler to complete (it is laminated, so that we can re-use it).
- We read Farfallina and Marcel going with the caterpillar theme.
- We completed the week with our ceremonial reading of “Chicka Chicka Boom Boom” and added our Cs to the palm tree.
This has been added to Preschool Corner & 5K too.
No comments:
Post a Comment