Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Montessori exercise: making sentences (printable)

I created these word lists so Rylan and I could do a sentence making exercise, also as a basic introduction to words like adjective, noun, and verb. The word lists are below, I added pictures to the noun column just for fun and too add some color to the activity.

I laminated them (just one sided lamination to make them a little easier to work with, and so they would last for re-use) and then cut them into single words. I started by laying all the cut out words on top of their corresponding words on the sheets above, so he could see the word lists and their headings, and then he started to use them to make sentences.
If you would like to try this exercise with your children, you can download my word lists here. I actually thought afterwards that it would have been nice to have a column with punctuation marks too. I think I will add some for the next time we do this activity.
This has been added to: Preschool Corner & 5K too.

4 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I will definitely do this and follow your list! Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found it useful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is excellent - thanks for sharing this download with us. I think my daughter will enjoy this sentence building exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like it, hope your daughter has fun with it! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails