Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Field Trip: Under the big top: the science of the circus

We spent a morning recently at a special travelling exhibit in the local museum. It was all about the circus and what makes it work. At the entrance they had a trapeze artist performing. Inside they had a frame in which people could try it out (with a safety harness of course), but Rylan was not at all interested in trying it out! :)
Bubble station, which Damian could not get enough of!
Making some HUGE bubbles!
Guessing the smells of the circus (some not so great! :p).
Pretty good aim, if I do say so myself... ;)
Walking the tightrope, an exercise in balancing. Ramtin and I did this too, and let me tell you, it was hard! Especially once you picked up the heavy balance beam.
The human cannon (or in this case a little foam ball).
Making the music for the circus performance playing on the big screen. Damian was down there operating the clown's horn and adding the animal sounds.
All in all a fun morning!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kami,
    I enjoy reading your blog so much!
    I have an award for you, so please visit:
    http://aloneinholyland.blogspot.com/
    My best,
    Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ramona, thank you so much for including me in your list for the best blog award, I am very touched and so glad you enjoy reading my blog!

    All the best,
    Kami

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails