Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Inspiring links

We are preparing for a move...moving house that is, thankfully not location because I love Hawaii too much! For those of you that have been following along with us for a while, you will have noticed that we have moved a WHOLE lot. So, I am not looking forward to packing and unpacking, but I am looking forward to being settled in our new home and having this whole process behind us...let's just say it has not been fun! I also have to apologise in advance because my posting may be a little irregular. With three weeks to go and only two boxes packed, yep, my work is cut out for me! But I love this space and conversing with all of you, so I will be here just as often as I can! After all, our little school will go on, so there will always be things to share!

Tonight I am just going to share a few things that are inspiring me right now. With the move and all, I have to be content with just being inspired with what I see out there, rather than actually doing it myself! :) First of all, I have been reading a lot about the workbox system and it looks like the perfect fit for us, especially with kids who are three years apart in age. I am definitely planning to incorporate it into our school life just as soon as my boxes are unpacked and I know where to put the system in the new house! Although I am not doing any formal schooling with Damian right now, I am going to get him his own set, I think he will love having his own, just like big brother. In his I will put stuff like peg puzzles, colour sorting cards, a book to read with Mom, and the like. I am very excited about trying it out and when I do, I will be sure to share my system with you, but in the mean time, if you want to read more about it you can look here, here, and here.

On a crafty note, I absolutely CANNOT wait to make one of these for my boys! I already have plans in my head for how I will do theirs. Aren't they cute? I also love this project and have a spot in mind for it in the new house.

I have been planning to make the boys a felt board to use for play and educational purposes (umm, aren't those the same thing? ;) ), I even went out and bought all the materials, and was about to make it when I found this. I really love the idea of framing and hanging it from the wall like a piece of art. Thank you Sherral!

Do you think I will be busy enough for the next few weeks? Well, actually, there is more! I am planning to launch a special weekly themed post in the next few weeks, which I am very excited about! But that is all I am going to say about it now... ;)

Would love to hear what is inspiring you right now! Now, to those moving boxes... :(

4 comments:

  1. Oh my GOODNESS, Kami, workboxes!!!!!! Brilliant! This has major possibilities even if one is not homeschooling. My brain is spinning.

    I do love that felt book too, and had bookmarked the link in my "what shall I do today" folder, though I never seem to get to any of the projects I've put there. I think I need a workbox system for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. goodluck with the move!!! and the other stuff which i'm looking forward to hearing about :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Sarah, I can totally see you being into workboxes! Fellow organizational freak! ;)

    Chels, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails