Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Counting and pincer grip practice combined

This afternoon we had some fun with a clothing line counting game (my "clothes line" was tied between two kitchen drawer handles, so it was at the boy's height).
Numbers 1 to 30, odd numbers in green and even in blue (I wish I had made the number cards a bit bigger, for Damian's sake). First off we counted and pointed to the numbers, so Damian could get some counting and number recognition practice, then I sent them off to another room and pulled a few random numbers off, so Rylan could figure out which were missing, and then clip them on himself for pincer grip exercise.
After a few rounds of that, I removed all the odd numbers, so we could learn about even numbers and counting in twos.
Then we had a turn learning about odd numbers and counting them.
While we were doing this, I thought of all kinds of other fun games to play with this number clothing line, but we had to stop so I could start dinner! We will definitely be pulling it out again! For another skip counting activity, you can download these charts from Homeschool Creations.
This has been added to: Preschool Corner (& 5K too) and Math Links

3 comments:

  1. That mustve been hard work to make! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I'm definitly going to use it. I have some extra clothespins that I've just been waiting to put to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love number lines too! We had a bunny skip jumping on ours. Thanks for linking up! I like the idea of having a missing number and having the child put it back.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails