Saturday, January 9, 2010

Two

Dearest little Damian,

If I were to sum up you right at this moment in time it would have to be “positively delicious”! You are adorable, inside and out, and your Mama cannot get enough of you (which is good, since you will not leave my side!), or of those sweet cheeks that I kiss about a hundred times a day!

In recent weeks you have gone through a vocab and speaking explosion, and I mean explosion. You are literally talking all the time, you are learning new words faster than I can record them, speaking in almost sentences, and did I mention, talking ALL THE TIME. Here I had high hopes that you would be a little less talkative than Mr. Rylan, but I can see that those hopes are not likely to turn into a reality. Often the two of you say “Mommy”, as you start a sentence or request, so many times in the space of a minute that I really think my head may just explode! You speak surprisingly clearly for a just two year old, so much so that strangers can understand you, which is a good thing, since you say hello to everyone we pass, as you flash them your irresistible smile.

Your favourite things right now are a Handy Manny doll and his little Philips screwdriver, called Philippe (Philippe is almost always in your grip) and the red Radio Flyer car you received from Grandma and Pa for your birthday. You have basically been inside that car (with Handy Manny and Philippe, of course), since you opened it. You even woke me up three times in the middle of the night last night, trying to convince me that it was time to get up and drive your car, finally at 6 a.m., you somehow managed to drag me out of bed.
If there is one thing I could ask of you, that would be to PLEASE eat more, so I can stop counting the grey hairs you are giving me!! But everything else I’ll keep! Even being dragged out of bed at 6 a.m. because the delight on your face when you climbed into your beloved car this morning was just about enough to keep me going all day, even without sleep!

Happy second birthday!

Love you my sweet, little baby,
Mama
{Rylan and Damian in pjs this morning playing the fishing game that Rylan got as a gift from Damian on his birthday.}
{Rylan helping me the day before Damian's birthday to assemble Damian's tool workbench, which was his gift from us.}

6 comments:

  1. awww so precious! what an awesome tradition to start, writing a letter on birthdays :-) happy birthday Damian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chelsea! Another birthday tradition we have is that I take birthday portraits of the boys in a particular shirt of Ramtin's. It is like a yearly record of their growth...they make for very cute photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet!!! happy Birthday Damian!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet. Happy 2nd little cutie Damian!
    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Kami, how can he already be TWO?!?! Amazing that it's been two years already. Please plant a couple of those juicy kisses on his sweet cheeks for us, and wish him a Happy Birthday!
    love Sarah

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails