Monday, November 2, 2009

Saturday

We spent Saturday here...

But I have a confession...I didn't take any pictures (camera was left in the car). These photos are of the same spot taken not too long ago. What I did do was a lot of snorkeling. Rylan and I swam, hand-in-hand (it is the easiest way to keep track of him underwater), and watched the beautiful fish swim around us. It was a very peaceful, lovely time with him that I will always treasure.
After the beach we went home to get dressed and whip up a plate of food for our neighbourhood Halloween party. Super Damian riding a bike (Rylan was so busy with all the other kids I didn't get a single shot of him during the party!).
After the sun set the whole party took to the streets and went trick-or-treating together.
This was Damian's first real Halloween (last year he was too little to understand it), and this was his first house, but by the end he was getting pretty good at saying "tick-o-teat" and then "tank oo".
We arrived home with two heavy bags filled with candy, pencils, tattoos, and various other treats, and two very excited boys. We had fun travelling our neighbourhood, meeting new neighbours, and enjoying the beautiful full moon evening bedecked with glowing pumpkins and neon spiderwebs. How was your Halloween?

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog as I was reading about home schooling. My question (if you have time) is why did you decide to homeschool your kids and how do you make sure they have social experiences daily.
    I'm thinking whether this is an option that will work for my family.
    I appreciate if you can respond.
    I really liked reading about the activities you do with your kids at home. It's inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I will answer your question, but it may take me a few days. We are going through a really busy patch with family visiting, and to give you a real answer it will take a little writing, and I don't have much time at my computer. But if you don't mind checking in, a post will come. Thanks for your patience!
    Kami

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails