Friday, September 17, 2010

I am still here…sort of

I did not mean to disappear for such a long period of time. It is not because of a lack of things to share, I even have a bunch of half finished draft posts on various things we were doing in school before our life got turned upside down about two weeks ago! My husband was offered a promotion, and so we are moving AGAIN! We are trading our snorkel gear for snow boots and moving to the Midwest! Don’t get me started on how much we are going to miss the great weather and natural beauty of Hawaii, but in every other way this move will be better for us. For starters there are the grandparents, aunties, uncles, and cousins that my boys will have all around them…and that is no small thing for us, since it has been 14 years since I lived near any of my family and my boys have never experienced it. I am so happy that they will be able to benefit from developing those relationships. And then there is a wonderful Baha’i community, all the homeschooling resources and options, museums, zoos…and I could go on and on about all the positives of this move, but I won’t. For starters I have so much to do, and then there is the nasty cold the kids and I have. Second bad one in the last two months, total bummer. As if we want to spend our last days in Hawaii sick at home, right?

So, I am here, and I will be stopping in to share things when I am able. It may not be every week day…at least not for a while. But I will do my best.

NP1

{image from my husband’s recent raft trip around part of our island}

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails