Thursday, October 22, 2009

Halloween time

So, despite the hot weather we are having here (October has been unpleasant, unlike the beautiful summer we had), and the fact that we are surrounded by brilliant green instead of fall colours, we decided it was time to get ready for Halloween! We started by taking down the remainder of the birthday stuff from last week’s celebration.
Today we made some bats to hang from our windows and Rylan wanted some across the door of his bedroom too. Rylan tracing the shape:
Adding the eyes.
He also drew some bats of his own.
We hung them with some orange thread, here is one window.
Afterwards I got a little crafty myself and started my first sewing project (something for Halloween…watch this spot to see the results!) in oh, maybe, ten years! Made possible by my fantastic parents who bought me a lovely new sewing machine for my birthday a few weeks ago. I am so excited to get my hands back into crafting, with all our moving and upheavals I have had a long break from it, and I MISS it! So, hopefully these little surprises for my boys will turn out! Let’s see….
In the meantime, I leave you with our little friend who is practicing for next weekend’s trick or treat-ers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails